Starfish Road         About Me         Starfish Books

Friday, October 29, 2010

Book Review: Bridget Jones' Diary


Title: Bridget Jones' Diary


Author: Helen Fielding


Genre: Chick Lit


Synopsis: Kinda like the movie, but not.


Stars: 5/5


Lauren's Review: The two 'grown up' books I'm reading right now were stressing me out/getting dull so I had to take a chick lit break. I decided to read this book because it's one of my favorite movies and it reminds me of Christmas time, which I am so excited for!

The book is a lot like the movie, but there are a few subtle differences that made reading it exciting. For one, Bridget is a little smarter....which I totally enjoyed. I love Renee's Bridget, but you have to admit she brought a lot of misery on herself. The book Bridget is a little more relatable.

Also, the plot is different, so it wasn't just like reading the screen play.

And Daniel was nicer...he was half nice half asshole...so more like a real world guy.

Anyway, while I enjoyed the movie's ending more, I liked the books characters more. I would recommend the book to all movie fans. It was a light-hearted, easy read. Now back to the hard stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment