Starfish Road         About Me         Starfish Books

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Book Review: Mini Shopaholic

Title: Mini Shopaholic


Author: Sophie Kinsella


Genre: Chick Lit


Synopsis: The sixth book in the Shopaholic series (will it ever end?). Becky lies to everyone, drama ensues. The standard Shopaholic fare.


Stars: 2/5


Lauren's Review: Unfortunately, Sophie Kinsella has proven that there really is too much of a good thing. When I first started the Shopaholic series, Becky Bloomwood was like your lovable, albeit clumsy and bumbling, younger sister that you just wanted to look after and protect from the evils of the world (and maybe you should take all her credit cards away too, just to be safe). But by the end of this novel, I really started to question Becky's mental capacity as she seemed to think on about the same level as an 8 year old. Adults just do not act like that.

I love Kinsella's work and I've read everything she's written (under this name, I haven't touched the Madeline Wickham stuff yet) and I have to say this was the worst. Finishing this book was a chore that I only completed out of love and devotion to the writer. I was incredibly sad when she finished the book by setting it up for the next sequel. I think it may be time to put Becky B. to rest and focus on some other works. Preferably ones with more intelligent characters, like Remember Me? or The Undomestic Goddess (both of which I loved and recommend).

No comments:

Post a Comment