Starfish Road         About Me         Starfish Books

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Book Blurb: Only Time Will Tell

Before I start this blurb, let me say that I won this book through Goodreads First Reads. Free books, it's awesome. I don't want to tell you all about it, because then there will be more people entering the contests and making it hard for me to win them, but I have to tell you because it's in the rules. So without further rambling...

Title: Only Time Will Tell


Author: Jeffrey Archer


Genre: Historical Fiction


Synopsis: This book follows Harry Clifton through his childhood into his early adult years in England during the 30s.


Stars: 5/5


Lauren's Review: The title is awful, however it's pretty accurate. There are a lot of mysteries surrounding young Harry (how his father died, who his father may actually be), through the chapters Archer slowly and skillfully reveals the truth.

T
he writing was simple and straight forward; it's the plot and characters that draw you in. I finished the book in only a few sittings, the last one keeping me up until 1 in the morning because I had to find out what happened to Harry.

My only criticism would be the strange way the author keeps changing the point of view. I enjoyed having different sections focusing on different characters, but I don't think the first person point of view chapters really added anything to the story and at first they only confused me.

Overall, an enjoyable quick read and I'm excited for the next in the series.



No comments:

Post a Comment