Starfish Road         About Me         Starfish Books

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Seasons Readings!

When I think about a book I've read in the past, a lot of the times I find that I've attached memories with the book. Kristin Lavransdatter reminds me of pretzels dipped in Nutella. Emma reminds me of my bed in my Freshman year dorm room. Marley & Me reminds me of the beach. So I guess that it only makes sense that I also associate certain books with certain seasons.

Today is noticeably cooler than last week. It's been raining a lot lately and the sun is already rising later and setting sooner. So when I took Molly outside this morning in the cool, damp darkness something in me just said "Ahh...Fall." And then something else said "Let's read Lord of the Rings."

To me Fall means I need something Fantasy or Historical. Or both. Below are two of my favorite 'Fall-type' books. Of course, if you haven't read the Lord of the Rings series, I strongly recommend that as well (start with The Hobbit!)




Does anyone else associate the seasons with certain books? If so, which?

No comments:

Post a Comment